Thursday, February 18, 2021

The Beginning of Lent

Crossing the Bridge, February 2021

                   

               
            How will I journey with Jesus for the next 40 days?
            
            Will I set my heart towards the Lenten journey?

            Will I set my feet on a path with few guarantees and certainties?

            Will I discover the rails that lend structure and support?

            Will I reach the end of what is seen and cross the threshold?

            Will I confess when I try to find an easier way?

            Will I enter the mystery of faith?

                        Christ had died, Christ has risen, Christ will come again.



* The last line is from the United Methodist Communion liturgy. The winter storm continues in Houston and most of Texas. Power has been restored for now, and we still wait for water.