Tuesday, October 4, 2022

My Prayer

Coral Bells, October 2022


 
My prayer travels wide
finding who it is meant for,
then winds its way home



* For months I have prayed for the people of Ukraine and carried them on my heart. Today was my volunteer shift at the food pantry and six young women walked in. They had just arrived from Ukraine in the last couple of weeks. One woman spoke English and I was able to share with her that I had been praying for her country and would continue to pray - listening to her experience was like listening to a friend. She came to the U.S. with only a backpack and is now making her way with her 2 school aged children. She hopes to return home after the war. Her parents are still there, taking shelter in the basement when the bombs are falling. We embraced and I hope to see her again.